Our waiting lists will open 1 April 2020 for two weeks as scheduled.
Our Waiting Lists
We have changed the way we operate our waiting lists. From 2019 we will operate three waiting lists.
The lists will re-open on 1 April annually, and all existing applicants will need to re-apply alongside new applicants. We may open the list again during the year if we house everyone on the list and will advertise ahead of time the period we intend to do so.
The three lists available are:
- Collingham Gardens waiting list for those aged between 21-34
- General needs waiting list for those aged over 35
- Sheltered housing waiting list, for those aged 60 and over who can live independently
Each of our flats in general needs and sheltered is self-contained with a living/sleeping area, kitchen, bathroom with WC and limited storage space.
Accommodation on offer will be:
- At Collingham Gardens, situated in Earls Court, studio flats comprising living room/kitchen and some shared amenities for single women aged 21-34. In general needs we offer self contained studio flats for single women aged over 35
- In sheltered housing we offer studio flats in one of our five sheltered housing schemes for single women aged 60 plus. The schemes also have an on-site sheltered scheme manager, communal lounge and warden alarms and house a wide age range of women.
Please note that we have male staff in the organisation and our properties are not exclusive to women.
To join a waiting list you must be:
- Not a home owner
- A single woman
- Earning under £40,000 a year
- Willing to consider living in any area we cover (although flats are likely to be in White City, W12)
- Reasonably mobile (flats are likely to be on upper floors, without a lift)
- Not living in a hostel or accommodation run by another housing association or be eligible for housing assistance from the local authority (because we aim to help those with no other access to social housing)
- Have less than £30,000 in savings for waiting lists 1 & 2, and less than £300,000 in savings for our sheltered schemes.
- Have a need for women’s housing
If you are not eligible to apply with us, click here for general housing advice.
How to apply
- The list will be open on this webpage on 1 April 2020. From there you can complete a short form online which outlines how you meet the criteria above as well as providing some information about your current housing circumstance.
- All forms must be received at the office by midday Wednesday 15 April 2020 to be processed for this year.
How we prioritise women on our waiting lists
- We will assess the priority of each applicant based on their current housing situation and their need for women’s housing. This will include whether the need is long term (i.e. living for a long time in unsustainable accommodation such as non-self-contained) or urgent (i.e. imminent tenancy end).
- The waiting lists are in high demand, and when we write to tell you your position on the list we will let you know the likelihood of being housed in the next 12 months.
What happens when we offer you a property?
Before any offer can be confirmed, you will need to be able to prove:
- That you meet the above criteria
- Where you’re currently living
- That you can pay the rent and continue to meet the terms of your tenancy
- That you do not owe any rent
We may also ask for a reference from your current landlord.
If you turn down an offer, we’ll remove your name from the waiting list.
If you accept an offer, you will need to move in 2 days after sign up.