Hours 35 Per week
Place of work 227 Wood Lane, London, W12 0EX
Closing date 13 August 2020
Women’s Pioneer Housing has a rich history of housing women for 100 years. In 2020, the need for safe secure affordable housing for women is as great as ever. We remain committed to making a positive difference to women’s lives by providing high quality homes and services.
Our vision and values, co-created with our staff and residents, reflect both our history and our future: Positivity, Integrity, One team, Never forgetting the customer, Equality, Empowerment and Responsibility. We are on an exciting journey of continuous improvement, putting residents at the heart of everything we do. Our Resident Engagement and Scrutiny panel works with us to design services and to consult residents on our plans.
Our current Housing Director is going on maternity leave and we are looking for an interim Director to carry on the excellent work she has begun while she is out of the office. You should have significant housing management experience and an exceptional record of customer service, strong leadership and people management skills, a collaborative approach and a passion for women’s housing issues.
Our commitment to One Team working drives our approach to people management. You will model this approach and encourage all members of your team to work collaboratively with colleagues across WPH. This role requires you to work collaboratively with your colleagues in the Senior Management team and to encourage your team to do the same to provide a seamless service to residents.
You may be an experienced director looking for a new challenge or a middle manager looking to gain your first experience at this level. We are happy to consider candidates on secondment from other HAs. We will provide a comprehensive induction, coaching and excellent opportunities to learn and develop as a leader.
We have re-evaluated how we work since the global pandemic; working patterns may take a blended approach between working from our head office and our satellite offices but will also be fully enabled working from home.
We also offer a brilliant benefits package:
- A generous flexi-time policy
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- A generous pension scheme
Interviews for this role will be held on Thursday 20th and 21st August 2020.
How to apply:
- An up-to-date CV which shows your full career history – we recommend that this is no longer than two pages;
- A supporting statement explaining why you are interested in this role detailing how you are a good candidate for this post and how you fulfil the person specification – we recommend that this is no longer than two pages;
- A completed Diversity Monitoring form. Click here to download it
- Please mark your supporting statement “Interim Director of Housing” and state on your application if you are unable to attend either interview date.
Applications must be received by 12 noon Wednesday 13 August 2020 to [email protected]
Please read the Job Description and Person Specification here:
Interim Director of Housing JD