To contact our repairs team, call our office on 020 8749 7112 and press 1 for repairs. Our office hours are 09:30 – 17:30.
If you have an emergency, please call our hotline on 020 8743 4422.
If an emergency occurs outside office hours, here’s who to contact. Please note that if you call a contractor out, but it is not an emergency you will be charged.
|What’s the problem?||Who to call|
General building repairs
Locks and security* (including boarding up broken windows and doors and emergency locksmith services.) *Remember, if you lock yourself out or lose your keys, you’ll be liable for call-out costs
|24 Hour Solutions
0845 544 2842
|Communal heating and hot water||S&S Burners
020 8330 7992
|Individual gas fires and burners*
*provided by Women’s Pioneer Housing
|Lifts||Specialist Lift Services
01732 455 771
|Communal fire alarms
(You will need to provide your name, contact number, site address and brief summary of the problem.)
0175 724 4511
|Suspected gas leak||The National Grid
0800 111 999
|Power cut||UK Power Network
0800 056 6341 or 0333 32 32 105
0800 865 4808
Some repairs are the responsibility of tenants, the most common are:
Changing light bulbs (unless you are 75 or over, or the bulb is in a very awkward location), replacing tap washers, clearing blocked sinks or toilets, replacing lost or stolen keys, re-glazing broken windows and fixing broken toilet seats.
Click here for the full list of tenant responsibilities...
- Door bells
- Curtain battens, coat hooks and rails
- Sink/bath chain and plugs
- W.C. seats and covers
- Internal door handles and catches
- Electrical faults arising from the use of faulty appliances
- Plugs, fuses and light bulbs (except for common parts)
- Minor plaster cracks and internal decorations
- Any appliance, structure or installation which was not supplied by us
- Drying lines or rotary clothes dryers
- Cleaning extractor filters
- Securing loose floorboards
- Replacement or additional keys
- Arranging access to flat where keys are stolen or mislaid
- Re-glazing broken windows
- Tap washers
- Blocked sinks, basins and toilets
- If you prefer to pay a contractor to carry out the work, we may be able to recommend one
For market rent tenants we offer additional repairs, including to the kitchen white goods that we have supplied.
For leaseholders, repair responsibilities are set out in the lease. In summary, Women’s Pioneer Housing will maintain the structure and exterior, the shared areas (such as entrance halls and stairways), any common supplies of gas, water, electricity and plumbing; leaseholders will contribute to these costs. Leaseholders are fully responsible for repairs inside their flats.
If you have bulky items to dispose of such as TV sets, fridges, sofas please contact your local council to arrange for them to be collected. There may be a charge for this. Alternatively you may want to offer them to a recycling service such as freecycle or find out if a charity shop would like the item.
Bulky and electrical items
If you have bulky items to dispose of such as TV sets, fridges or sofas, please contact your local council to arrange for them to be collected. There may be a charge for this. Alternatively you may want to offer them to a recycling service such as freecycle, or find out if a charity shop would like the item.